9.03.2008

Random Happy Thoughts

~I am glad there are still places like this in the world and that I can enjoy them with the ones I love.




~I love pictures like these.


~We went on a picnic on Sunday to my parents property. While making my kids a sandwich, my mom asked Tess "Do you want a white bread sandwich or a whole wheat sandwich?" To which Tess replied "I want half a wheat sandwich."


~I love cleaning off my CF card and finding pictures like these. My kids want to remember moments too.








~I took Tess and her friend, Lana and Sophie out to lunch today to Wendy's. They made me feel like a rock star mom when we went over the on-ramp and they squeeled with delight as it tickled their tummies. Add another star to my status when we went to a local party store and picked up free yellow balloons. I had as much fun with them today as I have with my girlfriends.


~At said lunch, I met a boy who had just graduated from high school. He had a backpack on with a sign on the back that said "Going the Distance". I asked him what that meant and he said he is crossing the country on foot. So I bought his lunch.

~My husband is the best! With no reasons he does things like this:



~I was able to talk on the phone today to my favorite person for threeish hours. I needed that!


~Mil was in an art class this summer and her teacher had this little art gallery set up. Way to go Amelia!



~I get to make a pinata tonight. I haven't played with paper mache in YEARS!


~I am really glad that I am no longer in high school.


~My baby likes the dirt.

20 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

What a happy life you have! And what a gratitude filled legacy you are giving your girls!

Candace said...

Loved the happy thoughts!

Chris, Deb and the Ava Jayne said...

Jer is so romantic. I have a really fun game that I think Amelia and Riley would LOVE. It's from the 90s. Tales of the Crystals. All about imagination etc.

Anonymous said...

loved your happy thoughts!! And I found some interesting pics off my memory card too. Too bad it was of the office floor and the desk.

Michelle said...

Looks like a happy life!

Katherine said...

Your happy thoughts made me happy too.
Thoes "kid" pictures remind me of the time my sister gave each of her children (she had five at the time) a disposeable camera to tack their oun pictures with while they were in Disneyland. She thought they would make a fun scrapbook to remember their trip by. . . she ended up with about 180 pictures of people's butts. that it the leval they were at and what they saw if they looked straight ahead. too funny.

Jane said...

"Life is so good"
I loved seeing all of your happy pictures, they made me happy too. Your girls are just beautiful.

And wow about the YM going the distance, and so cool you bought his lunch.

Anonymous said...

I love all of your fun pictures. I really like the one of J's arm with the sippy cup of milk and the coke in the background.....the evolution of life. he he he. That is a cute picture of your dad too.

Amber said...

Looks like a happy life! I need to find an art class for Ashley- any leads for me?

utmommy said...

Don't you love finding all those pictures on your camera. I find pictures like that all the time.

Fun post:)

Bilary said...

Oh, that post was absolutely darling! I loved the random shots on your camera. They made me giggle. And thank you for taking Lana and Tess out to eat. Lana is still talking about it.

I'm glad you are finding peace in the world. You need it and deserve it right now. And I'm glad you can pass that along to your sweet daughter at this special time for her. I love you all!

The Mathews Family said...

I love your outlook on life! You are a great friend and person!
-Jessica

Anonymous said...

I heart you. Keepin' it real. :-)

Heidi said...

The pictures of your camp out lunch bring back memories for me. I loved the time our families spent together up there. I hope my kids get to have the same type of memories from their childhood.

I get the same random shots on my camera if I let it get out of my hands.

Anonymous said...

What fun photos! It sounds like you have a lot to be thankful for and that you have a grateful heart! And what a sweet hubby!

Darci said...

Aaahhh the romance of it all. Love the pictures. Miss you but enjoying the time away for a bit.

April said...

Oh what fun pictures! It looks like Amelia had a fun birthday.

Miss you!!

Alice said...

WHat fun and happy pictures. They made me smile too ;)

Gabriela said...

What a sweet post. Love the note from your husband-what a sweetie!

And the dirt picture-reminds me of a little someone at my house. :)

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

This is probably one of my favorite blog posts. I love it! Every moment you mentioned is so sweet.

Miss you!! Doing a hair day over on your side of the world, if you need your hair done or you wanna come hang out it would be so fun!!!