7.15.2008

Here is one for you.

A post that is. I PROMISE that I have a super cool and exciting blog post coming...I just don't know what it is yet.





I could blog about my baby turning 8 months, but since she is almost 9, I might just wait until then.



I could blog about how my sweetie turned 33 and is officially older than dirt.



Or I could blog about our Lagoon day...there aren't enough of those around are there?



I could also blog about the 4th of July. Especially since now it is the 15th.



I could also blog about the endless reading that has gone on in my home this summer which also has lead to a lack of housework.



I could tell you about how Sophie has two new top teeth and since they came in, the biting during feeding has miraculously stopped and my boobies will remain intact.



I could tell you how we finally bought paint for Sophie's nursery...and how it has sat in the hallway for two weeks and will probably stay there until she graduates from high school.



I could tell you how Jeremy and I have decided to break our eating out habit and how much more time I have been slaving spending in the kitchen.




I could tell you about my recent run-in with the girls dress-up chest or how I broke my little toe and made my toenail fall off. I think it has been pre-Amelia since I have had a little toenail...on either foot.



I could tell you how we took the kids to see WALL-E and how we were sidetracked by a mystery parade (I'm thinking there were rainbows involved) and that Sophie sat and watched the entire movie...she was better behaved that her sisters AND her daddy.



I could tell you about how I was never a liar until UPS made me one. Stupid UPS.



I could tell you how I am spending the next two weeks driving kids to and from swim lessons so they don't die while in the water...seeing as how we won't be able to afford gas so that we can go anywhere near the water.



I could show you Amelia and Tess's latest creations. SO great for a 7-year old and a 4-year old!



I could tell you about my recent dump-on-Stephanie-day that would have been perfect had a bird pooped on my head.



I could also tell you about my deep-seeded urge to get our food storage complete.



I could tell you that the above is because of a lack of faith in our government and because we have two clowns running for office...but I may remain quiet on that one. I am trying to maintain my PG status on this blog.



I could tell you that my baby brother is all trained to go and be a fire fighter in California. *GASP, SOB, WOE" Here is the question, am I sad because he is going to a dangerous place, or am I sad because I am old enough to have a baby brother that is a fire-fighter?


I could tell you that our landscaping projects are all complete...and that our backs are toast.


I could tell you what a rotten friend I have been to Itybtyfrog and how I have only visited her once since she moved four miles from me. Don't move by me, K. I will see you more if you live hundreds of miles away. Or just e-mail me your picture. I will for sure see you then.

I could tell you about Hilary's surprise birthday party, or I could just send you over there to read about it. Because honestly, I am just too lazy to type that much.





Or, I could just share the recipe for these:



Homemade Oreos

1 devil's food cake mix

1/2 cup of shortening

2 eggs

Mix the above ingredients together. Roll the dough into dime-sized balls (I used my smallest Pampered Chef scoop and cut each ball in half and made my spawn roll them) and place onto a cookie sheet. Bake at 35o degrees for 8 minutes. Cool cookies

Frosting:

8 oz cream cheese

1/2 square butter

2 tsp vanilla

2 to 4 cups powdered sugar

Mix all of the frosting ingredients until smooth. Frost the BACKS of the cookies and place together to make a sandwich cookie.

So, are we still friends?

10 comments:

Katherine said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE reading your blog. I love your style of writing. It makes me laugh, it makes me cry, it makes me nod my head because I know exactly what you are talking about, but most of all it keeps me comming back for more.

Have you ever thought of writing a book? I'd be the first in line to read it.

Lana said...

thanks for the recipe.

I think it's that kind of summer for us all.

Bilary said...

You crack me up! And seriously, I think we need to do something about those clowns in office right now! I LOVED this little list of yours - oh, and I agree with Katherine. Go write a book!

And, yes, we are still friends. But I think you already knew that!:)

FarmerElwood said...

We are if you bring me some of those cookies.

Company EIGHT said...

That is a great recipe! It's also yummy to layer vanilla ice cream between the cookies too, and freeze until firm.

Candace said...

"SUE"
I'm so glad you found me! I love to look through everyone's blogs as well. If I'm not careful I can spend way to much time "blog surfing!" But you make me laugh and I love to read your postings!

mammagena said...

Thanks Stephanie for sharing the recipe! :D

Amber said...

WAIT! Itybittyfrog lives by you? That means she lives by ME. BTW- you've not met me yet either. I think the three of us should do lunch. Just sayin...

Jen S. said...

Thanks so much for the recipe!! It was fun seeing you last Sunday!! You have such a beautiful family! :)

Nik said...

I make mine like this, I'm interested to taste the difference!

2 devils food cake mixes
4 eggs
3/4 c. oil

Filling- 8 oz cream cheese & 2 2/3 cup powdered sugar.

I saw you and your girls at the store this morning and almost died. I had NO IDEA you lived so close to me. I've had a link to your other blog for a while now. I feel honored. Besides that I went to High School with one of the guys in a picture on this blog! Small world.