...and I am trying to do one post a day so that I don't lose this war, here are some of my new favorite places to play on the internet. DH bought it for me for my birthday. It houses all of the girls craft and art supplies. We are big into creativity in this house. I love this piece. Someday when I am old and gray, I want my grandkids to come over and raid this cabinet.
Pandora radio...which is also the reason that pause all music on other blogs I visit (well besides the fact that they drive me crazy!). Right now I am listening to Sarah McLachlan radio and it has some Cranberries, Paula Cole, Keri Noble, Natalie Imbruglia, Sixpence None the Richer, etc. Just for typing in one artist. I currently have about 14 stations on there.
The Pioneer Woman. She brings out the cowgirl in me.
And her cooking blog. Which brings out my inner chef.
Tip Junkie. Can we say creative? She has all sorts of people submitting amazing ideas. I love her blog.
Speaking of Tip Junkie, here is a New Year's Meme for you all. She had it on her bloggy.
1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before? DH and I left the kids for the first time. It was scary, but we had trustworthy family that took care of them. Technically we didn’t leave ALL of our kids because we conceived the last one while on that trip.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don’t make resolutions. Why torture yourself. I have enough things to make me feel inadequate, why intentionally add one.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Why, yes. Basically everyone. My little sister Heidi, my friend Ity, my friend Hilary, my SIL Jan, my SIL Kris, Me. I consider me close to myself.
4. Did anyone close to you die? DH had an uncle who passed away. He lived with them for a time and he became super close to their family.
5. What countries did you visit? The good ol’ USA. Although compared to where I am from, Seattle seemed like a different country.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? Quality food!!! A life in the summer!!!
7. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I survived HG. 25% of women with it terminate their pregnancies. I was proud to be on the other end of the statistic. I had a beautiful baby girl. She was my biggest success.
8. What was your biggest failure? I really wish I would have been able to handle HG with more grace, more dignity and less whining. So many people have things so much worse.
9. Did you suffer illness or injury? Yes. Hyperemesis Gravidarum.
10. What was the best thing you bought? This cabinet.
DH bought it for me for my birthday. It houses all of the girls craft and art supplies. We are big into creativity in this house. I love this piece. Someday when I am old and gray, I want my grandkids to come over and raid this cabinet.
11. Where did most of your money go? Medical bills. Little Squishy is rounding out at about $9000. Add that to the $600 a month we pay for independent health insurance and $30 co-pays. Uggg! Don’t get me started on the health care industry (or lack of) in this country. It won’t be pretty.
12. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Our weekend trip to Seattle. I meet some super fun bloggers and DH and I really connected. We needed that.
13. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier. I was still recovering from PPD last year. This year my brain has leveled out, I am IN LOVE with my family, I am not pregnant anymore. I am thrilled.
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner, can you believe that? I am an emotional eater. When I developed PPD, I ate my way through 30 lbs. They are gone. They just sort of melted off. Maybe happiness does that to you.
c) richer or poorer? Richer in so many ways, but poorer because we are paying for our baby.
14. What do you wish you’d done more of? Cooking, being outdoors with my kids, traveling.
15. What do you wish you’d done less of? Throwing up.
16. What was the best book you read? Hmmm. I didn’t read a whole lot of books when I was expecting. I couldn’t concentrate. Since then, the “Twilight” series. What a fun read!!!
17. What did you want and get? A new wedding band. DH did an excellent job. It is so sparkly and beautiful!
18. What did you want and not get? A perfect pregnancy, a smart president.
19. What kept you sane? Knowing that there was an end to the sickness that I was going through. It wasn’t going to last forever.
20. Who did you miss? No one. I am lucky to be surrounded by those that I love.