9.24.2007

Tales of baby flipping

I wonder what kind of Google searches that title will get me.

Still unnamed baby girl flipped! YAY! When she flipped it was during the middle of the day and it caused my blood pressure to crash, me to get light-headed and dizzy and for me to have back labor and contractions for 48 hours. Who knew that a flipping baby could cause so much trauma? I also went from having a baby that was completely under my lungs and still wearing a couple of pairs of normal pants to not fitting at all into any of my pantsin the space of two hours. When she flipped, she dropped and made me look VERY pregnant.

I am 32 weeks today and 20% effaced. I am trying to hang on for three more weeks, after that this baby can evict anytime she wants to.

7 comments:

Mel said...

Wow, what a relief that she flipped! I never thought much about how it would feel to have the baby turn suddenly like that. You are almost there girl and this baby better hold out for at least 3 more weeks:) Take it easy!

Gabriela said...

Wow-I've never had a kid flip before-I didn't know it was such an event. I can't believe how close you are getting!

Hang in there!

Suzanne said...

Wow, I've never felt my kids flip like that before. I guess she's making her presence known! LOL! Good luck managing through the next month! :)

Tori :) said...

That's crazy!! I'm so glad she flipped!

Amber said...

YAY!!! I'm so happy. Having an upsidedown baby is stressful!

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

YAY! So glad she flipped!

Sketchy said...

Huzzah!!! I had one flip late and I thought he was trying to claw his way out Alien style, but at least he flipped! Glad yours did too.