3.29.2007

How to not let mom be right

This has been my morning:

The Pea: "Mommy, I want to play outside in my car"

Me: "Honey, it's too cold, why don't we play inside today."

The Pea: "No, it's not too cold."

Me: "Okay, let's put your coat on."

The Pea after being outside for only 30 seconds, tromping up the stairs: "I forgot someting....Um, I need my bugglegum."

The Pea after putting her bugglegum in her car: "I forgot someting....Um, I need a hat."

The Pea after putting her hat on and walking to the car to the backdoor again: "I forgot someting....Um, I need two pieces of candy."

The Pea after putting the candy in the car coming in the backdoor again: "Um, I forgot someting....Um, I need a plate."

You get the idea. This continued with mommy falling into hysterics while she remembered that she needed a baggie of cheerios, two sticks of string cheese, a baggie of leftover Valentines candy, her gloves, a sippee of water, a sippee of juice, a "lola-bar" and three hugs.

Apparentlly this last time, she forgot that she was playing outside, because now she is all snuggled up under a blanket watching "Shrek".

At least I wasn't right.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's too funny! I am glad she finally decided to come in out of the cold.

QueenMeadow said...

I hesitate to comment since I'm not the "best" mom when it comes to this ;)

"You come in twice within a few minutes and you are done!" hehehe.

Julie said...

Hilarious!

Tori :) said...

LOL! We moms don't know anything, do we??

Gina said...

She is adorable! Funny story!

Mel said...

What a little cutie!

Undercover Angel said...

LOL! That is so cute! Kids love to remind us that they know everything...

Butterfly Mama said...

How cute!!!!

Dawnyel said...

It's a kid thing...I swear!! LOL *wishing I could have seen the scene!*

Code Yellow Mom said...

sooo funny! She is very clever to diguise the chill with "forgetting" stuff she needs out there!

Zoe said...

LOL! So cute! So . . . how are you feeling? I hope that you are doing okay with the new pregnancy.

The Domesticator said...

It sounds like she wanted Mommy to play outside! *LOL*

Amber said...

lola-bars are a favorite at our house too- and are pronounced the same way! Woot!

Unknown said...

Kids always do the darnest thing ... but at least your kid's really smart ...