12.15.2008

Christmas Tags

My sister tagged me on two Christmas memes. Since I need some more holiday cheer and I am avoiding housework that my baby so graciously kept me from all day, here you go.

Christmas Tag

1. Wrapping paper or gift bag? Wrapping paper

2. When do you put the tree up? The day after Thanksgiving

3. When do you take the tree down? Two days after Christmas

4. Eggnog?? Oh YUM!!!

5. Favorite gift received as a child? It was the most beautiful doll house ever! My parents spent HOURS making it for me. All of the shutters and spindles were loving handcrafted. Shingles were cut by hand. Furniture cushions were sewn and the house looked like a model home of the day. I love watching my girls play with the house and I think of my loving parents every time I see it.

6. Hardest person to buy for?? My husband. He gives me a list and then says "surprise me."

7. Easiest person to buy for? Tess. She tells me EXACTLY what she wants. This year it is a "Fancy Nancy doll with a shirt and a pretend cookbook."

8. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes.

9. Mail or email Christmas cards? Christmas cards with just a picture of the kids on the front.

10. Worst Christmas gift ever received? A can of wheat older than I am...or maybe a skirt with sit lines and the tag folded over the waist.

11. Favorite Christmas movie? Mr. Kruger's Christmas

12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Around April

13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? If you count giving some to the DI, then yes I have.

14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My mom's homemade soft caramels.

15. Lights on the tree? Yes. Red and white.

16. Favorite Christmas song? Several. Carol of the Bells, Trans-Siberian Orchestra's Canon in D. Still, Still, Still, What Child is This (especially Sarah McLachlan's version), Bring A Torch, Jeanette Isabella

17. Least favorite Christmas song? The Little Drummer Boy, What Child is This?, Christmas Shoes

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Christmas Eve we travel. We alternate years between my parents and my husband's family. Christmas day we stay home.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Oh yes.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel or a white chandelier thingy.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? On Christmas Eve they open jammies and a Christmas book...speaking of which, I should probably get a new one this year. Any suggestions? The rest is Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Whiny kids. They turn rotten this time of year.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I have a red and green peppermint tree and I LOVE it.

24. Favorite Christmas dinner? Ham and funeral potatoes and roasted asparagus. We eat that every year on Christmas.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I want those that I love very most to feel peace in their lives.




These are a few of my favorite things.....

Five favorite treats during the holidays:
1. My mom's homemade caramels
2. Crab dip
3. Soft gingersnaps
4. Oranges
5. Christmas breakfast

Five favorite Christmas movies:
1. Mr. Kruger's Christmas
2. It's a Wonderful Life
3. Little Women
4. Miracle on 34th Street (the old version)
5. Miracle on 34th Street (the new version)

Five Traditions during the holidays:
1. Making and decorating sugar cookies
2. Decorating the tree
3. Christmas Eve Pajamas
4. Seeing lights
5. Decorating a gingerbread house with the kids


I am tagging Katherine, Hilary, Itybtyfrog and Alesha

4 comments:

Chellie said...

I'm guessing #3 is 2 day after Christmas? Your tree sounds so pretty. I'd love to see a picture!
Your worst gifts made me laugh. :)
Tess makes it easy for you, doesn't she? so cute.

Candace said...

Cute tags and cute post...I've missed a few, but looks like December has been a fun and busy month for the fam! A cute book if you don't already have it is Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree! So cute!

Candace said...

Also, I hope little Sophies's hand is doing better! :)

Anonymous said...

I guess that is one way to get me to post something!