12.16.2006

A post wherein I whine.

I have been sick! I am whining here because I am sure all of my friends and my family are sick of hearing about it. I am not a pleasant sick person. I feel like crap and I want people to know it!!!

***Hey, this is my blog, I can whine if I want!***

I hate being sick. My house has gone to pot, my children are being raised by the television. No one's hair has been combed in a week (I am sure rats have taken up residence) and I think my kids are resorting to wearing shorts, t-shirts and knee-highs due to lack of laundry being done. I have yet to see an end in sight.

Last Saturday I developed a headache late in the afternoon. I tried sleeping it off, but to no avail. Sunday my DH took the kids to church solo while I stayed home and shivered. I shivered for three hours...under my covers, with three pairs of socks on, a pair of sweat pants and a tank top, long-sleeved shirt and a sweat-shirt. I took my temperature...102. Then the plumbing problems started. Too much information, because lets face it, who really wants my details of how I lost seven pounds in one week.

I ache. My back is killing me, my knees get week when I walk, especially on stairs. Not a good thing since we have two full staircases of them.

If I stand up too fast, the world starts spinning. Hence, I park my butt on the computer chair if I am out of my bed.

Last night I started to get antsy to get out of the house, so I made DH take me and the kids to a nearby state park where they have a fantastic, kid-friendly light display. SO NICE, especially since you get to stay in your car and drive around to see the lights. Heck, it's Christmas time, they deserve to know it and they aren't getting it at home from their smelly mother.

This morning I felt half-way decent and I decided to try to straighten up my house. By 12:30 this afternoon, I realized what a huge mistake that was. I fell asleep at 1:00 and woke up again at 4:30. The headache is back, the chills are back and the plumbing started acting up again. Stupid idea to clean!

Yes, I know there are bigger problems in the world that I could blog about. War, famine, global warming, Brits partying problems. But I don't want too! I want to blog about me feeling like CRAP!!!!

Moral of this story, don't come to my house unless you want to catch this and become the next Christmas Scrooge.

19 comments:

Valarie said...

whine away. that sounds like a miserable week.

Anonymous said...

Yuck. I can't believe you are getting a second round of it. I am SO sorry. How are your kids not catching it. That is a miracle. This too shall pass. AND THEN!!! You WILL get your house clean, you WILL get your laundry done, things WILL get back to normal. SO till then GET WELL!!! Don't rush it (I know that is easier said than done - I hate being sick too!) I really hope you feel better soon!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds positively suck-tacular. I think I had something similar a few weeks back. It was not pleasant for anyone that lives here.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you are sick. I hope you get better soon.

Mel said...

It sounds awful! I hope you start feeling better real soon.

The Domesticator said...

Oh no! That sounds so miserable. I don't blame you for whining. You are entitled. I hope you are feeling better soon! Look at it this way, at least you'll be feeling good in time for Christmas and New Year's, right? :)

Anonymous said...

I am interested in the "lose 7 pounds in a week" program. ;)
I hope you feel better!!!
(Doesn't it suck that moms don't have 'sick days'??)

Anonymous said...

Poor you, man it sucks being the sick mom, nothing gets done, everything just piles up waiting for us to get better, it's horrible. On top of that, whatever it is that you have sounds like no fun at all and it has being going on for too many days.

:(
I weep for you

Anonymous said...

What a miserable time you've had. Whine all you want. Like you said, it's your blog. It's been so long since I have been THAT kind of sick, I am so sorry.

Get well soon!

~Working mom of Liam
Blogger isn't letting me post my comments...

Anonymous said...

What a miserable time you've had. Whine all you want. Like you said, it's your blog. It's been so long since I have been THAT kind of sick, I am so sorry.

Get well soon!

Anonymous said...

I hope you're on the mend. It's the time of year you don't want to feel crappy. :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you start feeling better soon! Not fun at all to feel that way!

Suzanne said...

That sounds awful! I hope you're feeling better now! :)

Anonymous said...

Dang it all! Get better soon, woman! (And I don't care whether WWIII is going on, if I'm sick, I want to talk about it too! :)

utmommy said...

So sorry. Being sick sucks, and you hae every right to whine. I would, and I have. I hope you get better soon!

Nettie said...

Yucky! Nothing like being sick during the holiday season to dampen your Christmas spirit! I hope you feel better soon.

(Oh, and I love the Christmas music!)

Kristen said...

Oh, yuck! You poor thing!! Did you forget to get a flu shot? Cuz that's what it sounds like to me! :-( Hey, make hubby do some laundry.

In the meantime, get some rest and get rid of that crap! (no pun intended!)

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better.

Lana said...

awh! sounds awful.

i hope your christmas was great and you feel better!